Date: 14th November 2019 at 18:00 CET
Speaker: Ana-Maria Simundic (HR); Moderator: Sverre Sandberg (NO)
Webinar manager: Daniel Rajdl (CZ)
The aims of EFLM Academy are:
- To provide a web domain comprising an information and communication platform;
- To support education, training and continuous professional development of laboratory medicine practitioners; and
- To raise the profile of EFLM.
EFLM Academy will be officially launched on January 1st 2020.
Who can be a member of EFLM Academy?
All members of the EFLM National Societies are eligible for membership in the EFLM Academy. Beside Members who also meet the requirements for “European Specialists in Laboratory Medicine” will, by joining the EFLM Academy, automatically be enrolled into the EFLM Register (without any additional cost).
What are the benefits of EFLM Academy members?
- Free on-line subscription to CCLM, the official EFLM journal;
- Unlimited access to all documents (laboratory standards) of the CLSI (Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute) database;
- Regular e-mail notifications of all EFLM activities, programmes and opportunities;
- Eligibility to apply for EFLM travel grants*
- Reduced registration fee to all EFLM conferences and courses**
- Free access to EFLM webinars*
How can I become a member of the EFLM Academy?
National Societies are encouraged to establish automatic block enrolment of all its members into the EFLM Academy. Besides, individual members of the EFLM National Societies can apply directly through on-line subscription service in the EFLM website. The annual fee is 15 EUR to receive the benefits listed above.
* Please note that starting with January 1st, those who are not members of the EFLM Academy will not have the access to EFLM webinars and will not have the opportunity to apply for EFLM Travel grants.
** This applies to: EFLM Preanalytical conferences, EFLM Strategic Conferences, CELME Symposium, but does not apply to congresses/conferences organized in collaboration with other organizations, such as EuroMedLab.
Speaker: Diler Aslan (TR)
Moderator: Sedef Yenice (TR)
Webinar manager: Ada Aita (IT)
Date: 8th October 2019 at 18:00 CET
The “ISO 15189:2012 Medical laboratories – Requirements for quality and competence” Standard is globally accepted accreditation standard for medical laboratories. It is based upon the “ISO 9001 Quality management systems – Requirements” and “ISO 17025 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration” Standards. The last versions of these standards, ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 17025:2017, focus on process approach and risk-based thinking, and they can be adapted more easily to the “Plan-Do-Check-Act” Cycle that is the fundamental continuous quality improvement tool. It is expected that the next ISO 15189 version has the similar approach since the ISO 9001:2015 is a high-level structure standard in quality management. In this context, if the "Total Testing Process" of a medical laboratory and sub-processes (pre-pre-, pre-examination/analytical, examination/analytical, post-, post-post-examination/analytical processes) are established according to the “Business Process Management” principles, the requirements of ISO 15189 can be fulfilled. Laboratory accreditation impacts positively on patient care and health system if it is executed at the laboratory, health institution, and national levels in a coordinative manner. This positive effect depends upon the knowledge, skills and competencies of the laboratory specialists and/or laboratory professionals. In this webinar, we will try to explain: 1) how to establish the total testing process and its sub-processes of a medical laboratory (also for a specific analyte that has inherent characteristics) according to the process approach and risk-based quality control; 2) how to correlate the process components to the requirements for the ISO 15189; and 3) which knowledge and competencies are necessary according to the requirements of the ISO 15189.
Date: 17th December 2019 at 18:00 CET
Speaker: Sedef Yenice (TR); Moderator: Diler Aslan (TR)
Webinar manager: Petros Karkalousos (GR)